Tuesday, April 19, 2011

rebeCca bLAck- FriDAy


       "It's Friday, Friday, Gotta get down on Friday... Everybody's looking forward to the weekened. ... Friday, Friday... Yesterday was Thursday, today is Friday. ... Tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards. ... " words in no time. Yes.. Name you need to know right now, Rebecca Black. She and her song ‘Friday’ really awful. First of all, the lyric of her song doesn’t make any sense.. the next is her voice. Its really terrible. I just cannot bring myself to say anything but my ears are bleeding after hearing this Friday nonsense. Say what you will that it's catchy and all that but to me I could not be more disinterested.



       Who the heck is this girl? How did she get a record deal? Why is she sitting at a bus stop, if her friends are picking her up in their car? Why is she so indecisive about whether to sit in the front or back seat? If the girl standing to her right is her friend, then is that girl on her left her frenemy? Did the general public REALLY need to be informed that Thursday comes before Friday, or that Sunday comes after Saturday? And most important is what is wrong with this girl??

       Honestly, I am not sure if these questions will ever be properly answered. But I do know that "Friday" is the churned-out product of a Los Angeles based company called the Ark Music Factory, which sends out casting calls looking for singers between the ages of 13 and 17 to record its songs and, if all goes well, become overnight YouTube stars as like Justin Bieber. Rebecca Black's "Friday" is Ark's first major hit and after this, I sincerely hope it's the company's last.
       This song makes me want to set my head on fire.


                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment